Saturday, April 28, 2012

Cheers To You, James Murphy (and The Peplum Top)

James Murphy in Brooklyn last night--Photo: By A Friend
Last night was my first night in Brooklyn and man, was it painfully cool--
so cool, I'm taking the night off tonight.
 After seeing Ben Browning of Cut Copy, my friends and I headed over to another bar to see the legendary James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem. (I'm starting to find out that in NYC, the most epic nights are often just around the corner at the next bar.) For a mere $5.00, I witnessed the deity himself spinning, in touchable proximity. 
WILD--to say the least.
 Mr. Murphy rocked the house with his quintessential nu disco, funkalicious tunes, and I danced until my feet were blistered and my heart content.

 Here's his Spring Podcast for your listening pleasure:

What To Wear While Listening:
'Yellow Steele'
I love a good peplum top, but then again who doesn't? Pair this mustard Fair + True peplum with grey, tie dyed J Brands, silver accessories, a burgundy shoe and teal nails. You'll look awesome getting down with the get down.
BK Cool


No comments:

Post a Comment