Friday, October 14, 2011

Love of my Life: Prabal Gurung







Seeing Mr. Gurung's Spring 2012 runway collection, sadly just on a computer (I haven't quite reached 'personal invite' to the show status, yet,) left me giddy and short of breath. Purple and green are my favorite colors. I love to wear purple and I love to surround myself in all things green. Prabal's collection is themed around shades of turquoise and lavender that are clearly to die for. Looking closer, you can see the way he manipulated the intricate fabric design to comprise a sort of high-fashion butterfly/Rorschach paint blot on the clothes. With the sheer cutouts, raspberry lips, exquisite fabrics and unbelievable silhouettes, Prabal Gurung has officially manifested my dream collection. I think I actually drooled a little when I first saw the looks. Unlike The Man Repeller, whom I love (and who got styled by Prabal himself....lucky betch), I prefer to always add a touch, or a slap in the face, of sexy to my outfits. I like to feel like a girl and no one can make a girl feel as effing amazing as Prabal Gurung.


No comments:

Post a Comment