Thursday, October 20, 2011

Averting a Purse Crisis

I have always found the task of finding and purchasing a new purse to be quite stressful. Each year I look at the shell of my once beautiful bag and sigh in weary because the hunt must begin again. Purses are an essential piece of your wardrobe, by your side daily, storing all your secrets. They are an extension of yourself and therefore it is important to pick a good one. In dreamland, I would own one of these, and life would be wonderful....
But it isn't Dreamland so I must kiss my Birkin dreams goodbye for now. Reality is, my once fabulous navy blue Steve Madden bag is now no longer so fabulous. And if you're like me and well, poor, buying a purse from a store like Urban Outfitters seems like a good idea, at first. The purses are cute and reasonably affordable. Only problem is, you're now a member of the "I have the same purse!" club with 5,000 other girls and it is likely to fall apart right before your eyes. And who the hell wants that, especially after paying $100 bucks!

So what's to be done? You might ask. The answer to my purse prayers are solved with the beloved www.riverisland.com
Since my first visit to Ireland, then going to study abroad in London, the UK clothing staple, River Island has become my end all, be all (with my current budget) for purses. Well made and sturdy, these purses not only hold up, but are unique and can't be found in the states! Prices range from 20.00-140.00 pounds, (so don't forget to take the conversion rate into account.) Regardless, the purses are worth the dough and super cute. Here are a few of my favs this season.









Check it out for yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment