Friday, November 4, 2011

Grandma Selma's Piece de Resistance of the Week: A Tribal Necklace

That is actually from Ethiopia.  

I am a very lucky girl for many reasons; most notably, my luck can be measured by my inherited jewelery collection, passed down to me, by my ever stylish, Grandma Selma. Because I am the *only* granddaughter, (that's right bitches! haha) I do not have to share. Any of it. My Grandmother is the classiest, coolest woman I know who has a knack for picking out timeless jewelery. I'm not just talking about the diamonds, though there are and they are fabulous. But what really tickles my interest is all the eccentric statement pieces Selma has collected from a life of world travels. This particular necklace (see above) was bought some 40 years ago in a small village in Ethiopia, while my grandparents were on an African Safari. Adding instant Congo chic to any outfit, it can be worn with almost anything. Tribal print accents and accessories are popping up left and right this season, so I am particularly happy I will not have to spend much money on this trend.

Photo: NY Mag
But if you don't have a Grandma Selma who has an archive of Ethiopian jewelery, check out these great pieces





All of which can be found at:


1 comment:

  1. Loveeeeee that necklace, Selma, and your blog.

    ReplyDelete