Monday, November 7, 2011

23, A Time to Moisturize?

As much as I'd like to believe I am not getting older and that my skin is not on the verge of aging and degeneration... I would just be lying, to both you lovely people and to myself. The truth of the matter is, is that after the ripe age of 21 your skin turns on you and the reversal of youth begins. Though you might not be able to notice the lack of elasticity, and the wrinkles just yet, they are in fact just around the proverbial corner. To postpone this sad, sad reality there are a couple of preventative measures that can help. Just a couple months ago I started applying Aveeno Smart Essentials moisturizing sunscreen to my face every day. 

Though this seems like an obvious practice to prevent damage and aging, I didn't realize how important it really was until after speaking to my friends who used it daily. Being vigilant about sunscreen now, even in the winter months, will reap the rewards in 10 years, when your friends who didn't use it, all of sudden look like Pam Anderson's leather face and you still look like a spring chicken. (Sigh, the thought of Pammy's skin still makes me terribly sad and uncomfortable.)

L'Oreal Revitalift Night cream has also been my go-to night time moisturizer. With the changing seasons and the painful dryness in the air, I have found that this cream really works well. Not oily or sticky, the moisturizer has made my skin so much softer then I could ever imagine. My skin is basically that of a new-born baby, once again. 


On top of the day/night moisturizing routine, you should always take off your makeup first then wash your face. But I am fun lovin' 23 year old and I understand how difficult maintaining a beauty routine can be, especially when you're coming home from da' club at 3 AM. But if you suck it up and do it, you're skin will be much more forgiving in return. After years of trial and error with face washes, I have come to the decision that Aveeno Skin Brightening scrub is the best. Exfoliating beads can be harsh on your skin, even causing rashes and breakouts. Don't skimp on the few extra dollars for a name brand face wash. I've found that every time I've tried to save a couple bucks on the CVS brand, I deeply regret it. My advice, spring for the Aveeno. 

Since we're talking about beauty products, I wanted to share with you my most prized beauty secret. Drum roll please...

Que in,
Purvana: Hair, Skin and Nails supplement.
I started using Biotin supplements a little over a year ago after I was let in on the secret. Every girl I know would like softer skin, more lustrous hair, and stronger nails. Taking a supplement to achieve these things seems a little far fetched, yes, but I can personally vouch that it actually works. My hair has grown over an extra 8 inches this past year since I started using Purvana. You can find Biotin supplements at your local GNC or any drugstore but they tend to be really overpriced. Therefore, buying them online at 
for a mere $9.25/pack (which includes 30 soft gels) is the way to go. 
*Tip-Take them at night before you go to bed because that's when your hair grows*

No comments:

Post a Comment