Wednesday, March 14, 2012

From Runway to Real World: Mismatched Prints

Though my love of fashion is deep, my pockets are not. 
Sure, I love to fantasize about runway fashion, styling what would be my dream wardrobe, but the reality is, I am far away from being able to drop a couple of G's on a pair of pants.
 Unfortunately, I must pay my rent first (whomp, whomp).
But, I know I am not alone in my plight. And like most twenty somethings, I want to look classy, cool and on-trend without going into financial despair.
So I did some research and styled three looks inspired by the mismatched print trend for an affordable price. It is possible to look amazing without having to take out a loan. 

P.S.--A Note on Mismatched Prints
When wearing mismatched prints just about anything goes. The whackier the better. Don't be afraid to mix all different shapes and colors.

Look 1: Inspired by: 10 Crosby Derek Lam


J.CREW Polly popover in stripe crepe de chine $118.00 jcrew.com
BDG Cigarette Mid-Rise Jean $68.00


River Island Grey Envelope Clutch Bag 25 pounds
                         www.riverisland.com 










River Island Bright Red Wedge Sandal 50 pounds
www.riverisland.com 




 Look 2: Inspired by Mary Katrantzou

River Island  Print Pink Scarf Bomber Jacket 35 pounds
www.riverisland.com 


Life in Progress-Forever21 Button Up $27.80
www.forever21.com


Billabong Lovvah Denim-Animal Print $49.50


store.billabong-usa.com
Forever21 Coiled Thong Sandals $7.50
www.forever21.com




Look 3: Inspired by Proezna Schouler

Urban Outfitters Staring at Stars Chiffon Peasant Tunic $59





















































































































Forever21 Knit Polka Dot Skirt $9.80


Qupid Heigl 01 Green Velvet Peep Toe Pump $37.00
www.lulus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment