Monday, January 2, 2012

Neon Necessities

Me at the High line in NYC proudly sporting my neon satchel
There are certain things in life that cannot be skimped on. Example A) nail clippers, such a clever and crucial little invention that contributes so greatly to our daily life. Example B) a toothbrush, because no one wants to hang out with someone who has gingivitis, ew. And, example C) a fluorescent neon satchel, because let's face it, a life without neon is, just, no life at all...
Alright, well maybe I'm being slightly dramatic by equating the possession of anything neon to a happier and healthier life. But let's face it, nothing says "Hey! Look at me, my life's one big party!" like a fluorescent accessory.
Because I prefer to be a one woman soiree at all times, I opted to go with a neon purse for my standard day-to-day fluorescent accompaniment. The common man might say that a neon satchel for everyday life is "a little much," but I'd like to think that my life becomes much more fiesta-esque whenever my satchel of awesomeness is by my side. 
I first came across this little gem of a bag at a friend's apartment, when visiting New York city just a couple of weeks ago. Immediatley thereafter, I decided I must also own one of these satchels. I ventured to Soho and straight to Wink, the NYC staple where I could buy one of these bad boys. (The satchels are so mah-jor that they are on the homepage of the store's website. Go check it out yourself...after you're done reading my post of course.)
Wink Soho
Now back to my story...
I approached the store and there, in the window, like a beaming beacon of flamboyance, was a single yellow satchel. It glowed amongst a sea of its pink, green and orange counterparts. Knowing what a special item this bag was, I maneuvered my way through the crowded store to the bag and stealthily swooped up the satchel from the display window. For lack of a better phrase, I began 'to check out' my now, much-more-sassy self with the bag slung across my shoulder. Several of my shopping peers noticed I had snatched up the last yellow satchel in the store and began to congregate behind me, all with their eyes glued to the bag. The mood quickly changed as I realized I was in possession of the last precious yellow bag. As the other shoppers began to circle around me like a group of hungry hawks, I knew this was a do or die life moment. If I released the bag for even one second, it would be picked up by someone else and gone forever (or at least until I ordered it online and then would have to wait for it to be shipped, which just isn't as fun.) So without further hesitation I purchased the satchel and left the rest of those hooligans to fend for themselves. 
(I don't want you to think I'm this cut throat all of the time, it's only when a fluorescent satchel is at stake, that I turn all "survival of the fittest.") 

And there you have it. My story of how I used my ninja like shopping instincts to obtain the very last fluoresecent yellow Cambridge Satchel Company bag at Wink Soho. 

Deets about the satchel:
The bag is all leather and made by The Cambridge Satchel Company in London. You can purchase the satchel through their website in a variety of colors, or through Wink's site. My obvious advice is to go with the neon colors (duh, didn't you just read my post??) because why carry something bland when you can have a bag that is literally brighter then the sun?!

One of my favorites, Robyn and three other chicks whose names I do not know, all rocking the neon Cambridge Satchel.
Celeb stylist Brad Goreski looking faboosh with his pocket party







No comments:

Post a Comment